Friday 17 February 2017

Big Changes Come To Monopoly

   That good old stand-by board game has undergone a radical make-over. Monopoly maker Hasbro is removing one of the pawns in the game that had been with it ever since it hit the shelved in 1935. The Silver Thimble was voted out in a poll done by fans and players of the game. It's the 2nd of the original pieces to be shelved. The Iron was cut in 2013.
   The replacement for the Thimble will be announced sometime next month, but some of the choices people had include a monster truck, T-Rex and flip-flops as the game is (apparently) being "modernized" to reflect today's society. Still remaining are things like the car and battleship and Scottie dog.
   I must admit, I haven't played Monopoly in years. Decades, really. Not since our kids were younger. I did play quite a bit when I was (much) younger, waaaay back in the '60's, and if I remember rightly, I was never very good at it. I rarely got hotels in Boardwalk and Park Place, and when I did, the other players would usually skip over it when they rolled the dice. It also never failed that I'd land on them when someone else owned those properties.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment